The Bike Friendly Business Network includes local retailers, restaurants, cultural and community organizations, corporates and other businesses committed to supporting and encouraging bicycling in Cape Town by providing Bike Friendly amenities and/or rewards for people on bikes, and empowering employees to cycle.
By developing bicycle friendly business corridors and incentivizing more people to shop, dine, explore and commute by bike, this initative aims to build active communities and create vibrant, safe neighbourhoods where local business thrive.
– Sign up HERE via our quick Registration Form.
– Select how you’d like to participate & at what level (e.g. provide bike parking, support employees to cycle or offer rewards to customers who cycle).
– Receive an official BFB certification & membership listing.
– Display your Bike Friendly Business Decal and connect to our community.
What’s in it for your business?
Put your business Cape Town’s Bike Friendly map!
Participating business are listed and mapped on Cape Town’s Bike Friendly City Guide. This interactive directory enables users to easily find bike friendly services and amenities nearest to them – highlighting bike shops and businesses that welcome customers on bikes.
With over 4,000 members and a social media reach of 3 000 -18 000 people per week Bicycle Cape Town’s online platform is the go-to place for “All Things Bicycle” in the city – boosting businesses’ exposure to the local bicycle community and cycle tourism market!
By joining the BFBN, businesses are encouraging more people to bike local and shop local and investing in the wellbeing of their employees while supporting our campaign to create a more sustainable, bike friendly Cape Town.
Make your business even more bike-friendly!
We offer a range of additional services to assist our Business Members to grow a culture of active travel within their organizations:
– CYCLE2WORK PROGRAM. Includes safe cycling workshops for employees and consulting services to assist you in making your business bike friendly and encouraging employees to cycle.
– BIKE FACILITY DESIGN. Your membership entitles you to 10%-20% discount on bike racks through our selected suppliers (find out more about our range of bike racks). As an additional service we can also design customized bike parking and assist businesses to navigate Cape Town’s bike parking standards and permits.
– BIKES FOR BUSINESS. For Business Members who want to have their own bike fleet, we can assist with the sourcing of appropriate, affordable bicycles. Bikes can be used for deliveries or to start an earn-a-bike or a bike share / rental scheme. Plus your membership entitles you to up to 10% discount on new bicycles and gear through our selected suppliers.
– BIKE FRIENDLY EVENTS. We will work with you to promote cycling to your event and assist you in creating a world class bicycle valet parking service for your event goers. Other strategies include bicycle activations and BikeBus (group rides) to your event. Having a bike friendly event is not only a great way to support sustainable mobility but also opens your event to urban cyclists.