Bicycle CPT is a community generated campaign to promote bicycle culture in Cape Town and support the transformation of CPT into a truly bicycle-friendly city for all.
Bicycle Cape Town is about sharing ideas and inspiring more people to take to the streets and connect. Our goal is to get more people riding bikes, more often, for more reasons…
What we do
- Platform for change – At the heart of B. CPT is a crowdsourcing platform where people can share ideas and stories about Cape Town’s emerging bicycle culture and suggest ideas to transform the city into a truly cycling-friendly place for all to enjoy – inspiring more people to take to the streets.
- Advocacy and Bicycle Urbanism + Planning Consulting – We work to promote + campaign for a bicycle friendly Cape Town. Drawing on the skills of our team of urban designers and mobility experts we advise on best practice for creating bicycle cities – from campaign communication to the planning and design of solutions and strategies.
- Events, Networking + Engaging: Building a social network of riders and mainstreaming bicycle culture. Raising awareness through cycling events, social meet-ups and workshops.
- Online Resources + City Guide – Providing a solid resource base for cyclists looking to for more information on bicycles and riding in the city. A digital guide to “All Things Bicycle” in Cape Town, promoting a network of bike friendly venues + shops, community initiatives and events.
- Bike Friendly Business Campaign – Assisting business, organisations, brands and events go bike friendly. From cycle to work initiatives, bicycle parking solutions and bicycle activations.
- Workshops and Training – Rides and workshops designed to assist both newbie cyclists and those who want to start cycling in the city. Our Bike Garage workshops provide hands-on bicycle learning on subjects like bicycle maintenance and repair.
- Keynotes at conferences, workshops and universities covering aspects of urban and mobility design, bicycle cities and culture.
Who We Are
Bicycle CPT was started in 2012, by change agency Wildfire Creative in collaboration with a group of local cycling initiatives, to create a platform for Cape Town’s emerging bicycle culture. Today, the campaign is supported by a growing network of organisations, businesses and activists, who are passionate about transforming Cape Town into a truly bicycle-friendly city and inspiring more people to ride bicycles.